Ophthalmic Emergency Study Day
This study day aims to upskill ophthalmic practitioners in the triaging, assessment and management of emergency eye conditions.
The day will include both theoretical teaching and a practical skills session.
- Demonstrate a systematic knowledge and understanding of the anatomy, and physiology relevant to an emergency eye condition
- How to take an ophthalmic history and triaging
- Diagnosing the acute red eye
- Broaden understanding of the sudden loss of vision
- Understand about eyelid abnormalities
- Develop skills and knowledge required to undertake corneal foreign body removal
Your study day tutors are:
- Anjali Praveen (Clinical Educator)
- Tendai Gwenhure (Clinical Educator)
- Fardowsa Dirir (Clinical Educator)
- Grace Eni (ACP)
- Cynthia Bala (ACP)
Who is this study day for?
This study day is intended for Ophthalmic Nurses, Advanced Clinical Practitioners in primary and secondary centres, Ophthalmic Nurse Practitioners, Allied Health Professionals and those who are interested in ophthalmology.
A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the study day.