Lacrimal assessment for nursing & allied professionals study day
This course will educate nurses and allied health professionals on lacrimal examination and investigation. A hands on teaching approach ensures that delegates are able to demonstrate safe and effective lacrimal technique, whilst the patient's perspective as a service user remains the main focus. You will learn through a combination of lectures and practical instruction.
Developed by Moorfields Adnexal Nurse Consultant Nicola Dunlop, this brand new course aims to explore:
- The anatomy and physiology of the lacrimal system, tear secretion and drainage.
- Causes for watering of the eye.
- Examination and investigations performed in the lacrimal clinic.
- Diagnostic and management decisions made.
- Nurse-led lacrimal clinic audit - patient needs, service configuration and management.
- How to establish a nurse-led lacrimal clinic.
- Telemedicine as a new innovative ways of working within the Adnexal Service.
The Practical element of the day will allow participants to:
- Carry out slit lamp examination of the eyelids, ocular surface and tear film and lacrimal system.
- Learn and perform safe technique in nasal lacrimal syringing.
- Understand lacrimal findings and make management decisions.
- Learn about consenting and listing patient for surgery, the do’s and don’ts.
Who is this study day for?
This course is intended for the oculoplastic multidisciplinary team. It is also aimed at practitioners who wish to safely examine the eyelids, ocular surface and lacrimal system.
CPD points will be applied for and certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
Next course date
The next date for this course is 27th September 2024. To be notified when bookings open, please join the waiting list.