Botulinum toxin: Is it injector error, side effects or complications
This course is designed to improve clinical practice and improve the treatment, management and administration of botulinum toxin for blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, bells palsy, gustatory lacrimation and entropion.
Developed by Moorfields Adnexal Nurse Consultant Nicola Dunlop and delivered in conjunction with Adnexal Consultant Surgeon Daniel Ezra, the course discusses the causes of Botulinum toxin injections side effects and complications and teaches safe injection techniques to minimise these, especially through ophthalmic errors.
You will learn through a combination of lectures, complex case discussions and live injection sessions.
This course will:
- Explore the causes of botulinum toxin injections side effects and complications.
- Use research to advance the knowledge of practitioner to avoid errors.
- Present complex cases for discussion.
- Provide a live clinical injection session and practical tips.
- Offer 4 optional observation sessions (these will be bookable separately after the course at an additional cost of £200).
Who is this study day for?
This course is intended for practitioners who injection the adnexa of the eyes and face including doctors, neurologists, physiotherapists, dystonia and aesthetic nurse/practitioners.
CPD points and certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the course.
Next course date
To be notified of the next course date please join the waiting list.