What is the course?
As part of the award-winning #KnowYourDrops campaign, Moorfields are delighted to offer this fantastic face-to-face session to teach medical staff how to support patients who use eye drops. Did you know that 50% of patients who use eye drops are not using them correctly? This can result in a reduced quality of life for patients and can cause further complications and even a permanent deterioration of their eyesight.
The incorrect use of eye drops not only impacts patients but can also result in significant and avoidable costs for the NHS. These include repeat prescriptions, unnecessary follow-up appointments and the development of preventable complications which can often require surgery to correct.
Come on this course to help improve patients’ medicines adherence and therefore treatment outcomes and their quality of life, in line with NHS Five Year Forward View and Carter Report.
Who is it for?
This session is aimed at anyone who works with patients who use eye-drops. This includes:
- Pharmacists (both in hospitals and in the community)
- Allied Health Professionals
What will I learn?
The course lasts for a full day and covers things like:
- An overview of eye anatomy
- Common eye conditions and possible treatments
- Common barriers to eye drop compliance and how to overcome them
- How to harmonise treatments
- The importance of understanding the target audience to assist in increasing compliance
- The correct technique for administering eye drops and what aids are available to assist with this
- Case studies and patient scenarios
- A question and answer session with senior members of staff
Applying what you learn back at your place of work will not only improve patient care but could also reduce costs and save you money. For more information or if you have any questions please contact the team at KnowYourDrops@moorfields.nhs.uk
Current dates available
Sorry, currently there are no products/events available for this category, please take time to browse our other categories displayed on the left hand side of the screen or please try again at a later date.