Event Date: 2020 (exact date to be confirmed)
This one day intensive course will provide an in depth understanding of who to refer for surgery and when. The course will cover the range of surgical risk factors and insight in to intraoperative complications.
After attending this course, you should be able to:
- Classify, assess causes of cataract
- Understand how community based schemes work
- Manage patients expectations
- have a better understanding of Intraocular lens choice, biometry and refractive planning
- pre operative lecture: have an awareness of the risk factors associated with surgery and prognosis
- operative lecture - understand routine cataract procedure and possible intraoperative complications
- post operative lecture: to have better knowledge of what optometrists need to be looking out for post surgery
7 general CET points available
Course fee includes course materials, light lunch and refreshments.